Even before I got my tripod, I was reading a lot about using Flashlights and especially enjoyed the "Strobist" Blog. But I never made the next step. Recently here in China, I came upon the Strobist 101 again by chance, and re-read the whole stuff - again, I was excited, but this time decided to get into it myself. First, I wanted to go with one of the state-of-the-art Canon EL´s or Nikon SB´s ("buy it right the first time"), but the Strobist got me hooked on the Chinese stuff, because I am actually living here at the moment, so why not by "local" ;-) Also, I found the price tags very compelling, so to be able to get into that Strobist thing with a lower initial investment.
|Wukesong Camera Market - Jackie C.|
|Wukesong Camera Market - the other side|
- Flash: YongNuo Speedlite YN460-II (2x)
- Wireless Trigger: Yongnuo RF-603C (3x)
- 42" Circle 5 in 1 Reflector
- 16x22cm on Flash Diffusor
- White "see-through" Flash Umbrella
- 2,2m Flash stand with metal Flash/Umbrella clamp
|Speedlite Set Up|
- Sanyo Speed Charger incl. 8xAA (eneloop 2.000mAH), and 10xAAA (eneloop 750mAH)
All together, I ended up quite exactly at 1.600RMB, about 205 EUR. For the Speedlites YN460-II I paid something like 60EUR for both, the Triggers where about 10EUR each and the extra stuff came between 1EUR (being the Umbrella) and 8 EUR (being the Stand). Status: Very happy, firing my first Strobe-shots!